Sunday, August 18, 2013

Dear Greta Christina,

Like you, I am puzzled as to why an organization would single you out for public honor.  I don't get it.

If we are simply randomly selecting among folks who have undergone cancer, I then disavow any criticism of your selection [for being named the 2013 Honored Hero by the Foundation Beyond Belief for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Foundation’s Light the Night Walk.]

Somehow I sense the public honor is intended to underscore some exalted attributes coalescing within your exemplary personage--and if that's the case then I don't think it sensible for anyone to commend Beyond Belief for having taken any courageous public stand.

Beyond Belief has rather caved to an elite minority party line that accords moral stature to boring phonies so long as they fulfill certain PC check-boxes.

So in this rare case then, Greta Christina, I agree with you:

I am puzzled as to why any organization would single you out for honor.
blog comments powered by Disqus